Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sweet Thanks

Thanksgiving is my mother's holiday. As Munchkin said the other day, it isn't dinner, it's a feast. She makes two full dinners, a turkey dinner and a ham dinner, with all the sides that you expect from both and then some more. For the past few years, I've assisted with dessert. Before Munchkin was mobile, I would make multiple pies from scratch. With two very active children, I have not been able to do that. This year, I had a helper.


I still did not make the number of pies that I used to, we stuck to one pumpkin pie and two corn breads. But Munchkin was thrilled to be helping, he's been talking about making the pie for weeks. In fact, he got very upset last week when we bought a pie to have for dessert, because he was going to make one.


The corn bread is new this year, not something that my mother has ever served before. We'll see if it is something that we'll make again. Although I do like the idea of starting this as a new tradition for us.


And as fall is quickly coming to an end (as evidenced by the snow we had), I was glad to do two more items from our fall list as well as one of my simple goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails