Thursday, November 6, 2014

Are You Ready?

While there were a few years back when I was in high school and college where it meant cheerleading, cool Saturday afternoons and pep rallies, in general football has a different meaning for my family.

Soccer.

We have a family history of playing as well as having a history of watching. While we dabble a little with the Premier League, the team that we really cheer for is the national team. This past summer, we watched our team in the World Cup, very excited that Brazil wasn't too far from us in time zones. That did not go so well for us.



Oh well, there is always 2018.

Linking up with Mama Kat

3.) Write a blog post inspired by the word: football


Mama’s Losin’ It

5 comments:

  1. My husband is a big soccer fan, too and we do watch a bit of it now. But, I have to say that I only really get into it during the World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the reason I find it hard to get into the regular season is that games are on at strange times (if they are broadcast by me at all).

      There is something about the World Cup that is very exciting, definitely worth getting into.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Soccer is mostly something children play around here. We do have a high school team, and they're pretty good, but football is what you watch in the Midwest! My son played soccer for a few years in elementary school, but he was afraid he might get kicked, so he mostly just ran around the perimeters of the game. My daughter played in preschool and kindergarten. She was an animal on the field - parents from the other team would cheer for her - but she gave it up for dance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here it is also mostly a children's game, but we are close enough to NYC that there are lots of fans for the international teams. Of course cable makes it easier to watch the games as well (I don't remember being able to do that when I was younger).

      Delete
  3. Ha! No it did not go so well for us, but we'll get them next time!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails