Monday, February 3, 2014

Getting Things In Order

I am definitely a procrastinator, as evidenced by my lack of posting, but I am serious about trying to get our lives in order. Right now, I am focusing on cleaning and clutter. Part of the problem is that I get so overwhelmed and I'm not sure where to start, so I never get started. I do not want that to happen this time. After searching the Internet for inspiration, I have come up with three options.

The first is Spring Cleaning 365, which I found through Just Jilly. I love that it is simple tasks that only take 15 minutes a day, and that there is an accountability group. Even though I am a month late starting, I feel that I will be able to slowly work on the January tasks while moving forward with the rest of the group. This is the option that I think will work the best for me.

I'm also trying Motivated Moms as I definitely do better when I have a plan to follow. Right now I am testing out the lite version, but I think I will be upgrading soon.

Finally, there is Fly Lady. I have an IRL friend who uses this, and there are definitely parts that I really like, but I think that I am going to try Spring Cleaning 365 first, before I feel that the catch-up would be too much to handle.

Do you use a system to keep your home clean and organized?


2 comments:

  1. I get the Spring Cleaning 365 emails, but have a hard time getting myself to do them. I feel like the tasks (maybe because my house needs so much attention) are too big for 15 minutes.

    I've sort of been using a combination of FlyLady and daily/weekly routines cobbled together from different sources to help somewhat, and I love the app HomeRoutines to keep track.

    My biggest problem, of course, is just that I'm too tired to *DO* the chores, even when I know what they should be... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes 15 minutes isn't really enough time, but I think that part of my problem is that I need to do SOMETHING even if I can't finish it. Otherwise I do absolutely nothing.

      Of course, I'm not the best at doing what I'm supposed to do, but I am trying. I'll see if this "little every day" actually helps me. (If it can get me to a point where I don't feel like I'm drowning, then that will be a huge win for me.)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails