Thursday, May 1, 2014

Remembering the Sun

This past March, we tried to get away from the snow and cold by visiting family in Florida. It was our first trip, as fate had conspired against us in the past, and it was a wonderful time. While I failed at getting pictures of Peanut's first trip on a plane (camera was in the overhead compartment the entire flight), I did not miss his first trip into the waves.


He is completely different from his brother, who still doesn't want to go in. But Munchkin did enjoy the pool, there was a lot of water play by everyone.


We tried to make the trip as relaxing as possible, with our most exciting adventure being a trip to the zoo where we fed the giraffes.


For the most part, we just let them play and be outside, since the weather at home definitely had been preventing that.


The best part of the trip for me was definitely the quiet time that we got to spend with each other.


We flew home to frigid temperatures, but that week of sun recharged us when I didn't even realize that we needed it.

Baby on a plane... flying home

Linking up with Mama Kat
1.) Let’s reminisce about the last trip you took…pictures please!


Mama’s Losin’ It

11 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun family trip. I can't say I can commiserate with you as I don't think we saw winter this year, but the rest of you have been hit HARD by winter, and maybe even spring a little bit. I'm sure the break was sorry needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get hit hard this winter, hopefully the nicer weather we've been having will stick around (although I fear hot horrible summer will be).

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Sounds a lot like our recent trip to Florida! My kids weren't too sure about the waves either...
    Just popping over from Mama Kat's workshop. I hope you are having some warmer spring weather now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was strange to me how the older one still wants nothing to do with waves, yet the baby ran right in.

      Spring has definitely been better than winter. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I live in Kansas and I'm still trying to get away from the cold. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been so strange this year. Yesterday it didn't reach 50, but today it got up over 80.

      I hope that you guys warm up soon. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That looks so relaxing! We live so close to the beach but don't visit that often. Thanks for sharing.
    Cinella @ TMB

    visiting from mama cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the beach. We don't live that far from the ocean, but we don't go that often either.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Another Florida visitor! (I live here.) Glad you had a fun time. It HAS been cold this winter even in Florida. Even today it's quite chilly, but I live on the Panhandle. The south end is always more temperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. First time that I went, but my in-laws go every year. One year they complained because it was colder in Florida than it was in NY!

      I hope that things warm up for you soon.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how a little sunshine can just perk us right up. We're just like flowers. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails