Thursday, February 17, 2011

Writer's Workshop: A Vacation to Remember

It wasn't so much a vacation, as it was a trip. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, and this was anything but. It was the Baby's first time on a plane, and it wasn't even a short ride. Traveling from New York to London with a nine month old was interesting to say the least. The fact that we flew out after one of the big January storms, but thankfully not the biggest, made it all that much more stressful. Our flight wasn't canceled, which was great since we had a very important reason to be traveling.

My grandmother's one hundredth birthday.


Yes, she turned one hundred years old. And she did receive her card from the Queen.


More importantly for me, she got to meet her fourth great-grandson. And he got to meet his great-grandmother.


And they loved each other.



Linking up with Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

Mama's Losin' It

6 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the 31DBBB challenge & am also part of Mama Kat's Writers Workshop. I just wanted to say that 100 years is an amazing milestone for your grandmother. Your son being able to meet her is an even bigger milestone. My son has yet to fly but I can completely imagine the stress. lol. Boy can I. But anywhoo- Feel free to stop by & check out my blog sometime. I'm now following you :)

    Happy Thursday!
    -Jessica
    http://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so sweet! Nothing like seeing the generations connect like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! I'm sure your son will appreciate these photos in years to come. I would have been snapping pictures non-stop :)

    (visiting via 32dbbb)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love that! How wonderful to visit your Grandmother on her 100th and to be able to share your son with her.
    Though I agree it was a "trip".
    Visiting from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind comments. It was wonderful to get to see my grandmother, and she was so happy to see us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She doesn't look a day over 80! Amazing. Oh, the things she must have seen and the stories she could tell from the last 100 years!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails