Friday, February 4, 2011

Early in the morning

About a month ago, I had to take an early morning trip into the city to fulfill some bridesmaid duties. Due to the limited Sunday train schedule, I arrived much earlier than I needed to. Since it was one of those rare times when I was sans baby, I grabbed a hot tea and explored. It was cold, so I was glad to have the tea. At least it wasn't snowing, being the weekend before the storm(s).


I had forgotten how peaceful the city can be, especially early in the morning. There are fewer people, and less traffic.


Taking in the sites and sounds reminded me how much I miss the city.


Sometimes I miss my old life where I could quietly walk around Manhattan, not having to worry about where I can change a diaper, or when (and where) I can breastfeed.


Not having to worry about how to get around, if the subway didn't go where I wanted, I could easily jump in a cab.


And while sometimes I miss walking through Times Square before it gets crowded, I wouldn't change my life now for anything.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you lived close to the city - we live just outside it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so amazing that you still get to enjoy it, though. We live in Queens - I love getting into Manhattan, but wouldn't change our quieter life for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take beautiful pictures! Isn't it funny how we moms have those fleeting moments where we miss our 'old' life...then we look at our babies and wouldn't change a single thing. :)

    Following you from SITS :)

    Brea
    www.becomingbrea.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails