Thursday, February 10, 2011

Explained in Thirty Seconds

Day 1 of the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge on SITS (a few days late).

I had a hard time with this, mostly because I'm not sure where I am going with this blog. Today (if today was Monday, which it obviously isn't, but let's pretend) I am supposed to write an elevator pitch for my blog. How do you explain in thirty seconds something that you aren't sure about?

So I pulled from my "About Me" page, which I had worked so hard on.

It reminded me of where I started. Even though I haven't been blogging all that long, I had lost what I wanted to do here. I'm afraid that I was starting to think of this as a "baby" blog, which it was never intended to be. This blog is supposed to be my release, my path. While I will talk about the baby, and some of the things that we are doing, he isn't my focus here. I am.

So, my new (work in progress) elevator pitch:
A new stay-at-home-mom trying to guide her family through the changes of their new lives while not loosing herself in the process.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't even decide on elevator pitch for my blog so just skipped to the next challenge, lol. Was that cheating???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cheating! I came very close to doing the same thing. I think that an elevator pitch is very hard to come up with in one day, at least a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did what I did - taking your about me page & going from there. This was by far the hardest challenge so far, but you nailed it. I think it will always be a work in progress, don't you?

    I'm following you on Twitter now too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your elevator pitch sounds great. i really enjoyed reading your posts. glad u were able to see your grandmother what an experience..i can so relate to baby and plane ride...the ride to Puerto Rico to visit my grandparents was so unnerving.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails