Saturday, November 8, 2014

It's Saturday Night

It's Saturday night, and life is very different than it was six years ago.

Six years ago, I would be out. Either with friends or my husband. Or both.

Six years ago, I would be up late, and not worried about getting up early in the morning.

Six years ago, I would be dressed with heels, dancing into the night.

It's Saturday night, and I am home watching Doctor Who before I go back to cleaning up after dinner.

It's Saturday night, and I am wearing pjs and slippers before I head to bed so that I'm not too tired when I get woken at 5:30 tomorrow by someone who wants to nurse.

And while six years ago I thought that everything was perfect, it's Saturday night and I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails