Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Getting Ready for Advent

It's getting to be that time of the year again, Thanksgiving is approaching much faster than I am comfortable with, and the Christmas season right behind it. Like last year, while I don't officially start the "holiday season" until Thanksgiving is over, I do need to start preparing now.

The boys are still very young, although Munchkin is old enough to know and remember Christmas and has already started talking about it. I am once again going with a simple holiday season, focusing more on our time together and happy memories. I don't want us to be so busy that we don't enjoy ourselves.

For advent calenders, I plan on finding the chocolate calendar again as that was a huge hit last year, as well as the Santa beard calendar. While I would love to do a huge activity based calendar, I think that the boys are really too young to get much out of it.

Last year, I talked about wanting to do a book based calendar, and I still love the idea. I am hoping to get books from the library and having a new story every night as part of our bedtime routine.

I want to make (or get) an advent wreath, which is something that Munchkin and I did at church last year and loved. I am also going to use the Truth in the Tinsel again, although probably on a modified schedule.

As December gets closer, I will talk more about our holiday traditions, both old and new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails