Monday, October 21, 2013

To CrossFit Or Not To CrossFit

I am not happy with the way that I look right now. I don't think I'm fat, I know that I had a baby less than eight months ago, but I do not like where I am. While I need to fix my diet, I know that one thing that I need to change is how I work out.

A little over a year ago, my husband joined a CrossFit gym (or box), and absolutely loves it. He was always on the slimmer side, but he very quickly shed the few extra pounds he had put on since Munchkin was born, and looks amazing. He has recently been trying to get me to join as well, and while I have great respect for CrossFitters, and I know that you can get great results, I am not sure that it is for me. CrossFit is something that you have to be 100% committed to, and I am just not in that place at right now. Physically, I don't feel ready for those kind of workouts, and especially with the two boys, I don't feel that I have the time or energy to commit to the classes.

I've been tempted to join on many occasions not only for the results, but for the community that I've seen open up to my husband. The people he works out with are some of the friendliest people that I've met, and very welcoming. Maybe in the future, things will change and I will join, but for now I'm looking for something different that fits into my life better.

How do you keep in shape?


2 comments:

  1. Honestly, if you can't get to 3 CF classes a week, it's unlikely you will commit to the time to do anything else that will get you in the shape you talk about wanting to be in.

    The community in a CF gym will work with you to keep you motivated and on track. Good luck finding that assistance elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the only class at the local CF with babysitting conflicts with preschool drop off, which is a huge reason it doesn't fit into my life at this point. I don't even know if other boxes have babysitting, but it isn't worth it to me to have to drive half an hour each way with two children to take a class. There are other ways to workout that will fit into the time that I currently have, and I will find one that works for me.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails