Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Making More Than Cookies

As I was going through my life list, I came across a few that I can already cross off. One was making cookies for Santa.


I love baking and was really looking forward to when Munchkin (and eventually Peanut) was old enough to bake cookies for Santa with me. While last year he possibly would have been able to assist, I was too sick to do anything. This year, the two of us made cookies.


We started a new tradition, and headed up to my in-laws' much nicer kitchen. We didn't make everything that I had originally planned, I decided to keep it simple and not push him beyond what he found to be fun. And he did have fun, he loved dumping in the ingredients, mixing with both a spoon and the hand mixer and getting to roll the dough into balls. After they were done cooking, he loved sharing the cookies with the entire family, and we had to hold some back so that there would be some for Santa.


I cannot wait to do this again next year, with another helper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails