Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Year of Changes to Come

Over the holiday season, we hosted a small gathering of friends for a fondue party. We started doing this years ago, and have since added four small, yet very mobile, people. It was a lot of fun, and I in no way regret doing it, but prepping to have all those people in our small apartment showed me how much stuff we have. We had every intention of having the apartment in perfect company order and keep it that way through the holidays and beyond. Instead, my husband and I were shoving things into our bedroom last minute to get it out of sight. We have more stuff than we have places to put it, and I am tired of living this way.

I know it is so cliche to say you are going to make such a change at the beginning of the year, and I'm even over a week late, but I definitely feel like this is long due. The holidays are over, the out-of-town family has gone home, and right now is the calm before the next company storm with birthdays right around the corner. I am not making resolutions, since I so rarely seem to keep them anyway, but I do want to make changes. I want to live simpler, declutter and spend more time in the now. I need to focus a little more on me, since this past year especially I have been focused on others.

In this season of new goals, what are you focusing on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails