Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Prep

The holidays are coming up so very quickly, and while I do respect the turkey and not actually decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, I need to start getting ready now. Thanksgiving this year is on the 28th, which means that December starts that Sunday and Advent with it. While I have to figure out a way to bring in the religious aspect of the holiday, there are a few calendars that I am interested in.

Growing up, we always had a chocolate calendar, and that is the first one that I've gotten this year. I'm not sure how well that one will go over as Munchkin seems to have gone off of chocolate since the chocolate bunny vomiting incident of Easter 2013, but we'll see how it goes.

Another calendar that I used last year is this Santa's beard printable. I only got as far at the 16th before pregnancy and a bad cold caused me to slack on just about everything I was doing, but for the first part of the month Munchkin really seemed to enjoy it.

My big Advent project last year was an activity calender that I threw together at the last minute. Recently, Rookie Mom Heather talked about her plan to create an activity based Advent calendar and it reminded me that I need to get started now so that I'm not just leaving daily notes like I did last year. I do not really have the space to use the same kind of wooden calendar as she does, so I need to figure out another way to make it work for us. I also need to finalize my list of activities. While there are quite a few printables and lists out there, I haven't found one that is perfect for us.

Finally, I love the idea of a book based Advent calendar which I recently read about on Delightful Children's Books. I'm not sure that I would be able to do a full month of books in addition to the rest of the stuff I hope to do, but maybe I can incorporate it into our activity calendar.

How do you prepare for the holiday season?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails