Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ghosts of Halloweens Past

For a number of years, every Halloween, my husband would get the flu. It started the year of Josie, when he called me the morning of the party. My (at the time) boyfriend, who only ever wanted to be left alone when he wasn't feeling well, called me and asked me to skip the party and stay home to comfort him. (Which I didn't do, because I had people depending on me to complete our costume. I swear that it wasn't because I wanted to go out and NOT get the flu...)

Every year after that, come Halloween, he was sick. To the point where people stopped thinking that he would ever show. (Not that it ever stopped him from getting a Halloween costume, he got a new one every year that he didn't use.)

Then last year, I was four months pregnant, and we were planning on heading to the same Halloween party that I went to every year (alone).

And he didn't get sick. And he got to use his costume. And no one knew who Dr. Horrible was. But I got to spend Halloween with my husband for the first time in many, many years.


--
This post is part of the Celebrate Halloween SITS Contest. If you haven't already checked out SITS, you definitely should. They have the best blogging tips, and are a great place to find new and interesting blogs.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad he finally got to wear one of his costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who that is, either! You were pregnant? You certainly don't look it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Shell....you so totally look WAY too cute to be pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I wasn't that far along, but you could tell when I wasn't wearing a costume with a petticoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute costumes! And I agree with eveyone else, you were pregnant? Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that's awesome that he was able to make it. Too bad he wouldn't dress up as the White Rabbit. :-) I have no idea who Dr. Horrible is. I agree with the rest, wow! Pregnant, really? I hope I look half that good pregnant! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails