Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Creepy Crawly Creations

I am not the most creative person. Especially when it comes to Halloween costumes. My costumes tend to be of the store bought variety. There are a few years in recent memory where I tried to be a bit more creative than "Sexy Alice" (although, I rocked Sexy Alice last year at four months pregnant).

A few years ago (a few more than I care to admit), I convinced two friends to do Josie and the Pussycats with me. It wasn't that long after the movie had come out, so there were the licensed versions available for purchase. We did not go that route.

Melody, Josie and Valerie*
The three of us went shopping at off-the-beaten-path stores to get the perfect outfits and accessories. The ears and tails were generic tiger accessories, but everything else I thought brought it all together perfectly. And even though we didn't have the generic movie costumes, people still recognized who we were.
We had ears! And tails!
That was an awesome Halloween.

* Masks have been added to protect the innocent.**

** I'm (apparently) not that innocent.

--
Mama's Losin' It

This post is also part of the Celebrate Halloween SITS Contest.

4 comments:

  1. That was a cute costume! I don't know what to be this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Costumes! Looks like they worked out well! Costumes can be difficult for me sometimes too!
    Check out my craftiness over at:
    http://spottedsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great time with friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails