Thursday, October 21, 2010

Writer's Workshop: About Me

This week, I decided to try Mama Kat's second prompt. I figure that it is something that I need to do anyway, and maybe it will motivate me to finish the redesign (which I think is taking me way too long). This is definitely a work in progress, but at least it is a start...

About Me

In April, everything changed. In April, I changed, so I'm not sure where to start. Who I am now? Who I was then? What I'm trying to get back? I guess I'll start at the beginning.

I was a bit of a princess.

At my bridal shower
I'll admit it, I was always a bit of a princess.

At my seventh birthday
And at twenty-one, I met my prince. Seven years later, we got married.

The big day
Life was blissful. We had a wonderful apartment in a luxury building. We had friends who we went out with regularly. We even had a pub where we were regulars. Then came April.

An even bigger day
Now I stay at home with my baby boy. We don't get out with friends, and I doubt that they would recognize us at the pub anymore. We have had to cut back on a lot of expenses since I'm not working (for a paycheck, you can't tell me that I don't work), and that includes moving to a place that doesn't have granite counter tops and gorgeous sunset views.

So now I'm trying to navigate this new world that we live in, and not loose my self along the way. This blog is about me, where so much of my life is now about someone else.

Mama's Losin' It

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel when you're trying to make sense of a new chapter in your life. I found it difficult at first (with my marriage, and then with each one on of my 3 kiddos). As you can probably attest to, the "new life" is well worth the challenge.

    Your new follower:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails